This content may contain affiliate links which may result in my being financially compensated for purchases site visitors make through said links.
Toni Ann is a dentist, but treating human teeth is not what she wants to do forever. Taking up her role as a mother, she was challenged with mom guilt working her nine to five and making less time for family. Toni Ann may be one with a superb professional title, but at the end of the day, she’s just like any other mom who wants to be happy–and that’s how she found blogging.
Toni Ann didn’t expect to find passion in blogging. There were some naysayers, but she took the first steps to get income to her side-hustle. Toni Ann continues to uplift moms who are also blogging or have a business gig while working full-time. The best part is that she has a community of moms who wants to be like her, a real happy mom.
In This Episode
- [00:01] Joining the Navy
- [02:49] From the nine to five job and the Navy to work from home
- [03:11] Toni on letting dentistry go and moved to blogging.
- [04:26] Her background on how she started dentistry
- [06:14] Choosing your own niche to market in a work from home setting.
- [08:06] Her confidence in starting out blogging.
- [10:06] How her blog is doing after almost three years
- [12:00] Setting up her products for affiliate marketing.
- [14:45] Toni on receiving negativity for blogging
- [18:40] Her advice on getting started to side-hustle
- [20:20] Sharing one mistake that hinders you from the process
- [22:10] Why preparation is the key
- [24:05] Toni on combating decision fatigue
- [26:28] How she sees herself in the coming years
- If you have your own practice, then you’ve got to figure out how to market it.
- The truth is nobody knows what they’re doing when they first get started.
- You’re not necessarily going to get support from people and that’s okay.
- Keep going! You’ll figure things out and eventually get where you want to go.
- We have the freedom to do new things and to grow.
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/realhappymom/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ph/realhappymom/_created/https://www.linkedin.com/in/tracylmorgan/
Meet Toni-Ann Mayembe
Toni-Ann is a full-time dentist, a reservist in the Navy, and the blogger and podcaster at Real Happy Mom. She is a wife and a boy mom that understands the struggle of juggling work and home. When she is not working, she enjoys watching WWE and watching stand up comedy.
Get the first 5 chapters of Caitlin’s book Work At Home for free by going to workathomeschool.com/book.
Don’t forget to join the Work-At-Home Heroes Facebook group!
Thanks for joining us!
We’d love to know what you think.
Drop a comment below!
If you like and follow this podcast, please give us a review on your preferred podcast platform. It really helps us reach more people and bring more great content. Finally, you can find more episodes at workathomeschool.com/podcast