This content may contain affiliate links which may result in my being financially compensated for purchases site visitors make through said links.
Where the party is, Venese Lau is hosting it. A foreigner living in Japan, Venese worked to light up the nightlife. She enjoyed organizing events and had always been on the go up until events & gatherings were required to be canceled. It may have halted her onsite job, but she switched to working from home to cater to aspiring entrepreneurs who want to make it big. It’s no doubt she’s versatile, and she continues to gather up a library of resources to help entrepreneurs get the most helpful information possible. In this episode, be inspired by her wits to switch into working online despite having a successful event organizing career.
In This Episode
- [01:04] Venice on becoming an entrepreneur at age 19.
- [01:46] On starting to organize club events.
- [03:30] The income bracket on running events.
- [04:25] How Venese’s Olympics event was impacted by the pandemic.
- [04:47] Creating a platform for people to find what’s right for them
- [06:00] On using Affiliate Marketing as a way of income.
- [07:27] Venese on starting a blog to help people.
- [08:31] Sharing her struggles with the new experience.
- [11:06] What she told herself as a motivation.
- [12:10] Her life improvements on working from home.
- [14:34] What’s next for Venese Lau
- [16:32] On creating rooms that tied with her business.
- [17:52] Being a best-selling author pre-pandemic.
- [18:53] What advice would she give to people getting started.
- [21:24] Where you can find Venese’s entrepreneur resource library.
- Venese created a platform helping people connect with the right mentors and the right resources and tools.
- One of the biggest obstacles Venese had in the beginning was the cultural differences.
- Venese’s confidence just disappeared and she had no idea how to generate income. She didn’t know how to work from home.
- Once you have that idea and you know, you’re passionate about it, you should just jump into it and just do it.
- Validating your idea is one of the most important things to do whenever you start a business.
Meet Venese Lau
Venese runs an events and marketing company in Tokyo, Japan. She has been an entrepreneur since she was 19, running all kinds of offline and online businesses. She is the host and face behind Your Entrepreneur Resources, where she helps entrepreneurs start, grow, and scale their businesses, connecting them with the right mentors, resources, and tools.
Get the first 5 chapters of Caitlin’s book Work At Home for free by going to workathomeschool.com/book.
Don’t forget to join the Work-At-Home Heroes Facebook group!
Thanks for joining us!
We’d love to know what you think.
Drop a comment below!
If you like and follow this podcast, please give us a review on your preferred podcast platform. It really helps us reach more people and bring more great content. Finally, you can find more episodes at workathomeschool.com/podcast