This content may contain affiliate links which may result in my being financially compensated for purchases site visitors make through said links.
After working in her father’s company, Nicki Krawcyzk knew that she had a knack for writing. She realized that PR was not her thing, so she ventured into the world of writing copy. Despite the notion that writers earn low salaries, she proved it wrong because she’s getting paid very well.
In this podcast, you’re in for an informative talk about pitching a personalized email to a client — what makes good copy, copy editing, and how to start out your copywriting career. Writing copy isn’t as intimidating as you think.
In This Episode:
- [00:49] Nicki talks about her history in her career
- [01:22] The notion about writers’ salary
- [01:42] What they don’t know about the job
- [03:45] Getting paid high as a copywriter and PR experience
- [06:00] Between pitching and copywriting
- [10:22[ How to write a friendly email that works and the truth about writing copy
- [14:51] What comprises effective copywriting
- [16:34] Important tips to jumpstart your career
- [18:15] Why people say the job is challenging
- [26:32] Copy editing versus copywriting
- Give your audience a reason to open that email. Always give value.
- Once people start learning about copywriting, they’re surprised at how much copy they’re actually seeing every day. Copy is marketing or advertising. It’s writing that is designed to persuade or to sell.
- Copy is the writing on a website, emails, banner ads, billboards, and packaging. It’s all over the place.
- Effective copywriting is really about creating a connection more than anything else
Meet Nicki Krawczyk
Nicki Krawczyk is a copywriter with 15+ years of experience, writing for multibillion-dollar companies, solopreneurs, and every size business in between. She also coaches people to become professional copywriters and build thriving careers of their own via her website, www.FilthyRichWriter.com, and her Comprehensive Copywriting Academy. For her, being “filthy rich” means having a job you love, being good at what you do, and making great money doing it. Nicki is also one of the hosts of the “Build Your Copywriting Business” podcast.
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nkrawczyk/ https://www.linkedin.com/company/filthy-rich-writer/
Get the first 5 chapters of Caitlin’s book Work At Home for free by going to workathomeschool.com/book.
Don’t forget to join the Work-At-Home Heroes Facebook group!
Thanks for joining us!
We’d love to know what you think.
Drop a comment below!
If you like and follow this podcast, please give us a review on your preferred podcast platform. It really helps us reach more people and bring more great content. Finally, you can find more episodes at workathomeschool.com/podc